4 years in the making, after brothers Jim and John Ewen were refused entry to several rum distilleries while on holiday in the Dominican Republic which sparked their interest further into what it was all about and put them on a quest that would eventually lead them to being Scotland's first rum producing distillery in Scotland.
Perseverance and hard work paid off after risking everything as fundraising was too ambitious/risky for anybody to invest in them.
Awarded Gold at Spirits Business awards 2016 and 2017.Est.
- April 2015Location
- Banchory, AberdeenshireOwners
- Brothers Jim and John EwenKnown Botanicals
- Blackstrap Molasses Fresh ginger, Fresh Green Peppercorn, Long Pepper, Allspice Berries.Serving Suggestions
- On the rocks, with coke, ginger beer and lime.Tasting Notes
- Nose: Ginger cake, cinnamon and allspice.
- Palate: Bursts into life, remaining smooth, balancing the tastes of ginger, with a pepper spiciness and flavours of sweet biscuit.
- Finish: Punchy and energetic.